At this point in my life, the days of sunbathing in baby oil are over. And to be honest, I’m embarrassed to even admit I did that. Nowadays, I’m all about preserving my skin as much as I can with the right sunscreen. And while I’ll occasionally put some suntan oil on my legs, since I do like a tan just like everyone else, I try hard to make sure I’m being safe. Although my skin is sensitive and breakout-prone, I’ve learned that good sunscreen doesn’t need to be expensive. On days when I need a larger boost of sunscreen (I wear a BB cream and foundation with a sunscreen), these are a few of my go-to products that I’ve (honestly) been using for years.
- Neutrogena Clear Face Liquid-Lotion Sunblock – My go-to facial sunscreen. It’s not too heavy and it’s never made me breakout. It’s oil-free and waterproof and can’t be beat for the price point.
- Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm – As adament as I am about skincare, I strangely never wear lip balm. Everyone else I know can’t live without it, and I literally have to remind myself to use it. But, overtime I’m in the sun, my lips are the first thing to burn. This balm with sunscreen stays in my beach bag. Thanks, Mom for giving it to me that one time you got it on sale.
- Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Lotion – Does anyone else feel like the spray/aerosol sunscreens just don’t cut it? Old-school lotions seem to soak in my skin and last longer, in my opinion. This one does the trick! It smells amazing and leaves a pretty shimmer that’s not too much.
- ‘Sun’ Broad Spectrum Advanced Protection Stick – My obsession with Clinique is something I’m sure will soon become obvious on this site. I’ve been using their products since middle school, and their sunscreen line is amazing. This targeted stick is perfect for the spots where you need extra, lasting coverage. I load it up around my eyes, on my ears and on my lips, too if I don’t have a balm handy.
- Clinique ‘After Sun’ Rescue Balm with Aloe – And the other Clinique product that has rescued my skin one too many times – After Sun. I was first introduced to this product after one of those bad baby oil days I mentioned. My sister was working for the brand and it’s the best lotion to cool burnt skin. It feels much cooler and pain-relieving than regular aloe. It’s a must that I re-buy year after year.
What’re your favorite sunscreen products? I’d love to hear your opinion!